Friday, September 7, 2012

A Day of Music

Music feeds my soul. It makes me feel alive. Live music is moving. The vibrations from massive speakers and the trance-like state of artists performing their work captivates me. It's like an electric current. The energy from the stage pours out onto me and I start to move my feet, shake my hips and roll my head. I've heard this question before and have asked myself this in the past...

What is one thing you cannot live without?

I CANNOT live without MUSIC!

As I was feeding my customers Chicken Cilantro Wontons with Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce and Vegetable Fried Rice, I met two charming members from the Grammy Award winning The Tedeschi Trucks Band. Kebbi caught my eye with his fresh picked flowers in a Jamba Juice cup from the flowerbeds outside. And Saunders had the dopest sunglasses so I knew they were not from my neck of the woods. Kebbi told me they're from Atlanta, but one of the members is from Austin, TX...ahhhhhh, one of my fav cities...got mad love for ya, Austin ;) Nous parle un peu français, they invited me to their show tomorrow night at the Bob Hope Theatre and even gave me a backstage pass ;P Good peoples, indeed!

Before closing, I met a song writer who sang me some of his lines from a new song he's working on. He told me he's wrote some things for Jason Mraz and Michael Bublé. I told him I love Mraz's latest song, "I Won't Give Up." Then he got into some technical music terms and starting talking about notes. I got a bit lost but it was so exciting to be having conversation with him and learn about music that it didn't phase me! Unfortunately, I didn't get a last name so I can't look him up and check out his lines. Not gonna lie though, I was a bit skeptical because I thought, "What is he doing in Stockton??!" But you can't judge a book by it's cover, right?!

That wasn't the end of it...one of my supervisors played "Gangnam Style" by PSY while we were closing the store!!! I knew there was a reason I wanted to be employed by Mr. Joe...it's where all the cool kids come out and play ;P If you haven't witnessed the YouTube sensation yet, you should do yourself a favor and click on the link above. You won't regret the next 4:13 of your life, believe me!

To top off the night, I came home to a Band of Brothers at the tail end of their practice. Check out the flows from my cousin's band, greyspace.

What a musical day, right?! Man, sometimes I feel since I'm so entrenched in music that I should just be a band manager or make a living out of my love for music! Hah, maybe in another lifetime? Who knows, maybe in the near future ;P???

All this music talk reminds me of my best friend, J, who is an Artist first and foremost, but also a Lover. Traveller. Dreamer. like myself ;D J, I hope you're music is flowing like a river, feeding your soul and inspiring you to keep creating. Best of luck, J! For my readers, be on the look out for joven, his music will move you ;)

Off to my bedtime melodies...good night world ;)

PS. Ladies, I'm telling you red lipstick and a warm smile go a long way! I locked my keys, phone, purse and computer in the front seat of my car today (FML, I know!) Met with my friend, John, and before he was about to call AAA, I saw a firetruck and a fireman suiting up. Asked for help and Voila! In seconds had all my assets in hand and was ready to continue my day. Maybe he helped because he's a man devoted to public service? Or because he's kind and doing his good deed for the day? But I'd like to think the cute red lipped smile reeled him in ;b

No comments:

Post a Comment