Tuesday, June 12, 2012

gloom. forever gloom.....

I am not a fan of grey skies, too much rain or cold weather. One should ask, then what in the world are you doing in France?!? I'm in love with the culture, the fashion, the self-discipline, the way the French truly enjoy life, love and food. I'm a home baker, but it's a dream to have the knowledge and skill of French pastry technique. I am in love with pâtisserie et le pain. So I'll have to get used to the gloom - the heavy rain, the biting cold, the gushing wind - because I've got more than two months left to tough it out.

While driving through Bar le Duc yesterday avec ma papa, I thought to myself..."This could be a place I could retire and enjoy the last years of my life sipping on Bordeaux and eating fresh baguettes everyday." As we headed back for Saint-Dizier, the sky turned to a dark shade of grey - almost black. Cats and dogs came down, and coated the tan colored buildings in "high town." I thought again, "Perhaps, not. Perhaps, I'll retire in the South of France along the Mediterranean Sea or in Spain, where the sun shines like a warm blanket brushed against my face right after it's been taken out of the dryer." Yes, I'd like to be comforted by the light and warmth of the sun when I retire. As long as it's close to good wine and fresh baguettes, life will be grand.

Mrs. Sun, I would be most grateful if you would come out and play, even for just a little while :)

No comments:

Post a Comment