Sunday, July 22, 2012

Red Light District

After a wonderful weekend with my beautiful nephews, I'm in Frankfurt for the night before my train heads back to France tomorrow morn.

Tonight has been one heck of a wild ride!

I got off the train in the chaos of the evening and found my hostel conveniently located right across the street from the train station. Unfortunately, it's right on the edge of the Red Light District...strange, strange town! I quickly checked in, made my bed, said "Ciao!" to the roomies and was out the door.

I was on a MISH to find Micha Bubble Tea. A boba spot I found on yelp :p So I made it just in the nick of time, but they ran out of boba :( Just my luck! So I had a Matcha Black Sesame drink instead. It was good, but not great. Luckily, the girl working took time making the matcha carefully (it's usually not a short task when making it the traditional way), since no customers were in sight. But as soon as she handed me my drink, I brought the last-minute rush.

MISH #2: Locate Koh Samui for a Thai dinner.

On the way to Koh Samui, I stumbled across a PRIDE music fest, with bangin' music, plenty of German beer, plenty of wurst, plenty of characters (the feather man) and plenty of lovin' ;p Thank goodness I had the urge to wander and not eat free pasta at the hostel, or I would've missed out on the FUN! I only stayed for one song because my stomach was calling the shots :/

When I found it, I was glad to sit down and enjoy a quite tranquil dinner. It was pretty awesome, I must say! I sat next to a 4-top of Japanese folk speaking in their native tongue, listened to Vanessa Williams' "Save the Best for Last" and stared at the bare breasts of a mermaid as I ate my fried fish with hot Thai curry. The night couldn't get any better than this, right?!? It was perfect!!! (Thanks for that one, JJ ;D)

Oh but no, the night did get better ;p I found my BOBA! I headed back to the festival and they were paying tribute to Whitney Houston. I got to order on an iPad and this is shocking, but... I could argue that the boba may be better than a lot of spots I've tried in CA!!!!!!! Not the drink, but the boba. High quality stuff ;D Just the way I like it!

I walked home, boba in hand, and got checked out by a gentleman in French. It's funny he probably thought I had no clue what he was saying...he thought wrong, hah! Instead of taking the same route home that I took to Koh Samui, I walked through the RLD. Not a wise decision, but I knew where I was headed and didn't look back. It was the final MISH! And I made it home, safely.

I did come across an important realization while on the journey home...I do not want to wander the world alone any longer. I'm tired of it. If anyone would like to wander with me please call 0787819514.

I got home to still have no clue how to open my door, but my Asian roomie (I haven't figured out which country he's from yet?!?) let me in - again. Luckily, I wasn't the only one. I walked to my door at the same time as my roomie from the Philippines. We laughed at ourselves for not figuring out how this damn door is supposed to work! The rooms here are dormitory style and I'm rooming with 7 people from around the globe. It's like the international version of the Real World...pretty dope!

Unfornately, I left my USB cable for my camera back in France. I'm terribly sorry. Photos should be posted tomorrow when I make it back (no guarantees though, might hope on a plane to Rome tomorrow ;D). Until then, CHEERS!!




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am the one from the Philippines =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Arikka - i have crossed paths with you in Frankfurt. It has been 2 years since. I have always wanted to say upon returning to Singapore (where I am based for work). While sorting through my pictures, I saw that note you left us with. And here I am, saying "hi".

    Hope to see you somewhere.

    Best,
    Chester

    ReplyDelete