Saturday, July 21, 2012

Thoughts on the train...

20 Juillet

I'm living in France at the moment.

On a train to Germany to visit my nephews.

Dreaming of an upcoming (unplanned) trip to Rome.

Just finished The $100 Startup. What's the first thing I do after I put the book down? ...Look at the list of ingredients and manufacturer of an energy bar I consumed 30 minutes ago.

I pick up my notebook to jot down notes about what I just read (not plans, just notes.)

The first page contains notes from an online business class I took a few months back.
"Entrepreneurial Success," it said, "is: Desire, Diligence, Determination, Details and Discipline."
[The latter is what I lack.]

I flip through a couple more pages...it's hard to think (one of the gentlemen across from me reeks of smoke and this is a non-smoking train.)

Concentrate Arikka!

OK, back to the pages...I see a list of places I'd like to visit in Paris. Besides the obvious, Eiffel Tower, the list is full of boulangeries, chocolatiers and patisseries. Champs-Élysées wasn't even on the list!

I GET IT!

I MUST do something involved with food! It's what really makes me tick! It's all I think about some days. When I'm eating one meal, I'm thinking about the next.

I was staring at the can the good-looking (Swiss, I think) man was drinking out of that sat beside me. I wanted to know what drinks are popular around here, and I even had the urge to just pick up the can and test the product myself! [The beer was Gosier, btw.] Point is: I was staring at the can, not the good-looking man when I'm a good-looking single lady. What can I say?!? I'm in LOVE with food & drink, not pretty boys (shrugging shoulders). [The beer was Gosier, btw.]

I live, breathe and consume (literally) food! I MUST create a living based around this necessity in life. NOW is the time to discipline myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment