Wednesday, August 15, 2012

1 week 2 go

Man, I can't believe it!!??! It's all coming to an end very, very soon :/ Completely bittersweet.
Au revoir, Rochetailée. I hope we will meet again someday..
I just got back from Rochetailée, and it was one of my most memorable visits. I really felt like I had a special relationship with Papí. He's like a father figure. We had great conversations (although they were a little broken at times because of the language barrier, but somehow we still understood one another.) We talked about gay rights, marriage, the war, organic food, working in the US and as always our language of love...pâtisserie. He was ever so kind. Papí shared new recipes with me, showed me how to make pâte a feuillete and the process of laminating dough and he even gave me pâte au amande (marzipan) to take home to the States so I could practice making Pains de Gênes.
Louise, Gribouille and I in front of our summer home ;P (we built it ourselves!)
Even Gribouille didn't want to leave Rochetailée :/

This weekend my favorite line from him was, "It's just like a woman, you have to caress her." In reference to the dough we were laminating. I was rolling inside! I could not stop grinning at this impressive statement from a such a wise, seasoned man.

He's quick, yet graceful in the kitchen. Makes some mad pastry! Can be quite the joker (now I know where Papa gets it from.) Has a strut and a squint that is unique only to him. And will tell you like it is with no reservations. I'm sure going to miss my Papí.

No comments:

Post a Comment