Thursday, August 23, 2012

Italia: Giorno

Long, long overdue...pardon me.

This story is going to be told mostly through photos because no words can describe the beauty, livelihood, connection and friendship I experienced there.

I will leave you with a couple things though...

1. Women in Italy drive scooters while wearing dresses and I think it's sexy! When I live there, I will be an even sexier lady ;) ;)

2. Roma is hotter than a MOFO! Wear sunscreen. And beware of the mendicanti!

3. If I was held hostage in any of the cities I've visited during my Eurotrip, I'd hope that Firenze is where I'd be held. I could live there!

4. My wild fantasies of becoming a foot model were shattered in Italia for climbing over 1000 steps and wearing the wrong shoes. Ladies, do yourselves a favor, don't try to look cute while traveling. Save yourselves and invest in a good pair of walking shoes and just be comfortable!

5. Gelato in Italia could be my BLD! (No joke, one day it almost was until the pasta craving came.)

My first sight of the Vatican.
St. Peter's Basilica
Inside
Every last detail from the floor to the ceiling was incredible!
From the dome.
Top of the dome.
Highest point in the Vatican, top of St. Peter's Basilica
And it's beautiful landscapes...

More of the beautiful dome.
Kinda eerie..one of the late popes whose open casket is inside the Basilica.
Our most recent popes...RIP

The Pietà by Michaelangelo
The lighting is miraculous ;D

Not an odd site around this side of town.

Pseudo Ponts des Arts bridge in Roma
Castel Sant'Angelo
The Basilica stands out like a sore thumb from anywhere in Roma!
Courthouse near the Castel with amazing sculptures up top.
My first meal ;D
And my last. Ahhhhh...prosciutto! 
Dinner = Trio of pastas with new friends: Jared from LA, Kevin from Oakland and Larena & Meechele from Canada. This one I selected, Tagliatelle with Sun-dried tomatoes, Aubergines (like mushrooms) and Bufala di Mozzarella...Mmm...
Penne Pesto with Cherry Tomatoes and Speck (I think?)
Jared's favorite: Vodka Salmon Paparadelle

After dinner and lots of red wine, Jared took me out for an incredible night out on the town! Grazie, Jared ;P
Colosseo at night 
My favorite building, Monument to Emmanuel II
Pantheon
After hours of circling Roma, Jared & I finally found, the Fontana di Trevi.
Admiring the beauty...
..and making a wish ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment