Thursday, August 16, 2012

Monkey Business!


I loved monkey bars when I was a child. My MB skills came in handy at this moment!

Balance is all about the core.
So I'm pretty addicted to climbing trees now. I went on my second trip to a park with tree climbing obstacles, zip lines and the like. I was scared shit less on one of the obstacles and literally praying that I would make it across because my grip was slipping rapidly. If someone would have seen my face I think I would have scared the shit out of them as well! Unfortunately, I couldn't even whisper a word to Valerie, our family's friend, who was below taking pictures. So I left the platform and she missed the shot.
I filmed a girl who was on the obstacle that scared the daylights out of me and looking back at it, it wasn't so bad after all. Hah!

After that one obstacle, my breathing was deep and heavy like I'd never heard before. I let out a great big sigh and was in disbelief I didn't fall from the sky, but relieved it was over. I didn't have much time to think though because I wanted to catch up to Papa and Irene (Valerie's daughter). [The gap in between us is a long story that I'll save for another day.]
Papa in the trees...
..et Louise..
..et Louise skating in the air! ;P
I finished the parcours, HOORAY!!!!!!! Thank heavens! I have bruises galore and my arms still feel like I have weights resting on top of them but it doesn't phase me. I'm addicted to this stuff!!! Louise and I will be doing this again in about 11 hours, and I'm psyched!

Getting ready to fall from the sky...
I was hanging on a Tarzan rope for quite some time because I missed the net :/ And the owner of the park just let me hang while she took her sweet time arranging gear.
..with the help of another staff member he swung me towards the net and I finally caught on. If my life depended on that woman who owns the park I'd be long dead by now!
Getting ready to take flight, although it looks like I'm praying I won't die. 


ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE...ANYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment