Saturday, August 11, 2012

La Moto

Aujourd'hui, I spent the afternoon with Madame Leplomb. We met one sunny Saturday a month ago at a Garden Party. From the moment I met her, she stood out among the crowd. I knew there was a reason I was drawn to her, but couldn't figure out why? Within minutes of meeting me, she invited me to her home so that we could practice speaking French because she could see I needed help badly. She saw how I understood the conversations at the party, but wasn't engaging in conversation because I didn't know how to speak her language. It was such a kind gesture from a total stranger. Today, I finally took her up on her offer and wished I would've done so much sooner. I enjoy people like Madame Leplomb! She gets it, she gets "the big picture" in life. I wish we had more Madame Leplomb's in this world. I hope to meet more people like her ;)

I wasn't not nearly ready to leave when Papa came to pick me up, but he had brought his moto so my exit was bittersweet. I rode a motorcycle today and felt ALIVE! I was smiling all the way home and truly enjoying life during those 11 minutes. It was one of the best memories I've had here in France. MercĂ­ beaucoup, Papa!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment