Sunday, August 5, 2012

Next stop: Luxembourg

A petite country, and a petite city! When you walk the streets you hear French, German, Dutch (I think) and gibberish, no j/k it's actually Luxembourgish ;) A tiny river funs through it and the most impressive site was the Casemates. I got a kick out of their postcards too – three different portraits of the Royal family…haha…PRIDE at it’s best!


The Founder of the Bock Casemates.
One of the many spiral staircases in the Bock Casemates.

The deepest wishing well I've ever seen! [Yes, I made a wish ;)]
I realized I was there on Friday, the 13th...oOOOOooOoOo, kinda spooky!


Lunch was pretty filling...Battin (great beer by the way!) and Kniddelsomethingorother with sausage. It may not look appetizing but minus the heavy hands on the mustard sauce it was a decent pairing with the beer ;P
The Viaduct is in the distance before downtown, can you spot it? I got to walk across that old bridge!

Adolphe Bridge, one of the largest stone arches in the world.
I'm pretty sure this spot is owned by a Filipino immigrant...what do you think? 

I stopped for a coffee break. I love how they give you little treats with your coffee in most European restaurants. 


I had to sneak this in, but there was a Ladurée in Luxembourg!!! It's a famous macaron boutique from Paris and I'm so glad I discovered it ;P Crossed it off my list :D

In front of the Grand Palais. (I was surprised it was not gated and it was on a tiny street!)
Cathedral to the Blessed Virgin - Beautiful

World War I Memorial
I spotted this random gated hall with ancient sculptures, pretty neat!

The city from one of the many hills.


My main reason for visiting Luxembourg was to see M83 play. It was an incredible show in a tiny venue and well worth the trip ;D
They started the show with a guy in a funky mass shooting a laser out above the crowd, hah!


No comments:

Post a Comment